The CEREC AC with Omnicam comes equipped with an adjustable heater plate, which controls lens fogging during intraoral use. You can adjust this setting in the configuration options to a setting that is suitable for your use.
The Omnicam should be warmed up 15-20 minutes prior to using it for your first case (every time you remove the camera from the heater plate the cooling process starts). To avoid any potential issues in the scanning process, remove the camera only when it is time to scan.
How to adjust heater settings:
- In the CEREC software, navigate to the system menu, and click on the "Configuration" button.
- Now select the "Devices" button.
- Within the "Omnicam" area we now have access to Camera Heater Settings.
- Click the "Camera Heater Settings" button.
- Use the slider to adjust the temperature.
The more you use your Omnicam with patients and the isolation device of your choice, the quicker you will be able to dial in your specific and preferred settings.